Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Ware FC app


1st Team - Match centre

D Cowley (40', 97'), B Adams (44'), B Fraser (63' Sent Off)
Full time
S Clayton (10'), E Bademosi (53'), S Bell (90')
Sat 1 Dec 15:00 - The Bostik Football League - South Central Division Attendance 73

Ware 3 Chipstead 3


An entertaining afternoon simmers to boiling point as late goal rescues a point.

Ware were hoping to consolidate after the previous week's success and started with the same eleven that began at FC Romania but the visitors had other ideas, chasing and harrying the home side through much of the game. Matthew Warren was a threat down the Ware left and Ezekiel Bademosi seemed to win too many headers in the home area for comfort. This unsettled the Blues who were reduced firstly to desperate clearances at times and eventually to ten men as Bradley Fraser's mistimed tackle brought him a straight red.

That Ware clawed their way back into the game after Samuel Clayton's 10th minute long range free kick that dipped under the bar with Anthony Page clutching at thin air says something about the growing resilience in the side. But it took time as Chipstead kept up the pressure and almost extended their lead.

Ten minutes later they might have made it two when Ibitayo Oyebola was put through with only Page to beat. The keeper spread himself well and the ball was deflected for a corner. There was a similar outcome as Page later pushed a fierce shot away from goal.

Ware did put some good moves together at times and Ben Hart's corner saw Albert Adu head narrowly past the intersection of bar and post. But a free kick conceded by the visitors after 40 minutes some way outside their penalty area brought a break through. Dave Cowley drove the ball past the wall and beyond Callum Hodgson's dive for an equaliser.

Given the run of play home supporters would surely have been happy to go in level at half time but not Brandon Adams. Last week's hat trick hero had seemed to be struggling to keep his feet whenever he tried to turn away from defenders. With a minute to the break however he picked up the ball near the half way line and glided past a number of opponents. Forced wide in the area he checked, turned and drove the ball into the net to give Ware the lead.

It looked as though it might all be in vain because with two of the floodlight pylons refusing to shed any light the game was in danger of being abandoned. Enter an unsung hero in the shape of an electrician who set about the problem and ensured that the game would finish, albeit after a 20 minutes delay. Perhaps he should be awarded man of the match.

Ware were unable to make the most of the opportunity offered and Chipstead continued to work hard. Their reward came after 53 minutes when Sam Bell's cross from the right was headed back to Oyebola who drove it into the roof of the Ware net.

It was clearly not going to be an easy afternoon for the home side and it got harder ten minutes later. Fraser's tackle, low with no studs showing brought down Oyebola who appeared to fall over the defender's legs. It looked a yellow card offence to many but the referee drew out his red card, explaining later that Fraser's speed and the distance he had travelled to make the tackle were contributing factors in his decision.

Paul Halsey was pleased that his team came together in this adversity and didn't let their heads drop. They certainly started to apply more pressure and created sustained pressure through the final five minutes of normal time. Cowley and Adu were both close to scoring and there were numerous corners for the home side.

Then it all went wrong as a ball forward by Chipstead saw Page come out to the edge of his area. With Brett O'Connor tracking back the keeper first hesitated then froze and Bell nipped between the two to score into an empty net.

It looked all over for Ware but after six minutes of added time they earned a free kick in front of the Chipstead area. Cowley stepped up and if his kick lacked the direction of his first goal it had sufficient power to cannon off the wall and into the net before Hodgson could react.

The second half had witnessed an increasing deterioration in the relations between Adams and Chipstead's Dean Hamlin. The late equaliser saw Adams taunting the visitors' number four and the final whistle shortly after brought a breakdown as both sets of players tried to support or separate their colleagues. It was unseemly and unnecessary.

Ware: Anthony Page, Jack Daveney, Brett O'Connor, Josh Oyibo (Louis Rose 65mins), Gareth Madden, Bradley Fraser, Ben Hart (Jordon Watson 80mins), Leigh Rose (Frazer John 75mins), Brandon Adams, Albert Adu, Dave Cowley. Unused subs: Louis Blake, John Frendo.

Key moments

Goal Samuel Clayton scores for Chipstead
Goal Dave Cowley scores for Ware
Goal Brandon Adams scores for Ware
Goal Ezekiel Bademosi scores for Chipstead
Red Card Bradley Fraser is sent off for Ware
Goal Sam Bell scores for Chipstead
90:00 +7:00
Goal Dave Cowley scores for Ware


View 0 new events
90:00 +7:00 Goal 3 - 3
Dave Cowley scores for Ware
90:00 +2:00 Sub On
Michak Stanic-Stewart is substituted on for Chipstead
90:00 +2:00 Sub Off
Samuel Clayton is substituted off for Chipstead
90:00 Yellow Card
Brandon Adams is yellow carded for Ware
90:00 Goal 2 - 3
Sam Bell scores for Chipstead
88:00 Sub On
Oliver Thornton is substituted on for Chipstead
88:00 Sub Off
Ibitayo Oyebola is substituted off for Chipstead
80:00 Sub Off
Ben Hart is substituted off for Ware
80:00 Sub On
Jordon Watson is substituted on for Ware
75:00 Sub Off
Leigh Rose is substituted off for Ware
75:00 Sub On
Frazer John is substituted on for Ware
74:00 Yellow Card
Dean Hamlin is yellow carded for Chipstead
70:00 Yellow Card
Terry Murray is yellow carded for Chipstead
65:00 Sub Off
Josh Oyibo is substituted off for Ware
65:00 Sub On
Louis Rose is substituted on for Ware
63:00 Red Card 2 - 2
Bradley Fraser is sent off for Ware
53:00 Goal 2 - 2
Ezekiel Bademosi scores for Chipstead
45:00 Sub On
Sam Bell is substituted on for Chipstead
45:00 Sub Off
Bradley Wilson is substituted off for Chipstead
End of period 1
44:00 Goal 2 - 1
Brandon Adams scores for Ware
40:00 Goal 1 - 1
Dave Cowley scores for Ware
37:00 Yellow Card
Josh Oyibo is yellow carded for Ware
10:00 Goal 0 - 1
Samuel Clayton scores for Chipstead
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Ware
  • Chipstead
  • 0
  • Samuel Clayton Goal 10:00'
  • Josh Oyibo Yellow Card 37:00'
  • Dave Cowley Goal 40:00'
  • Brandon Adams Goal 44:00'
  • Sam Bell Sub On 45:00'
  • Bradley Wilson Sub Off 45:00'
  • Ezekiel Bademosi Goal 53:00'
  • Bradley Fraser Red Card 63:00'
  • Louis Rose Sub On 65:00'
  • Josh Oyibo Sub Off 65:00'
  • Terry Murray Yellow Card 70:00'
  • Dean Hamlin Yellow Card 74:00'
  • Leigh Rose Sub Off 75:00'
  • Frazer John Sub On 75:00'
  • Jordon Watson Sub On 80:00'
  • Ben Hart Sub Off 80:00'
  • Oliver Thornton Sub On 88:00'
  • Ibitayo Oyebola Sub Off 88:00'
  • Brandon Adams Yellow Card 90:00'
  • Sam Bell Goal 90:00'
  • Michak Stanic-Stewart Sub On 90:00 +2:00'
  • Samuel Clayton Sub Off 90:00 +2:00'
  • Dave Cowley Goal 90:00 +7:00'

Team selection

  • 1. Callum Hodgson
  • 2. Matthew Warren
  • 3. Luke Elliott
  • 4. Dean Hamlin
  • 5. Terry Murray
  • 6. Daniel Moody
  • 7. Bradley Wilson
  • 8. Anthony Oaks
  • 9. Ezekiel Bademosi
  • 10. Samuel Clayton
  • 11. Ibitayo Oyebola
  • 12. Oliver Thornton
  • 13. Sam Bell
  • 14. Jake Robinson
  • 15. Michak Stanic-Stewart
  • 16. Jacob Sewell

League round up

Other South Central Division results

Bracknell Town
Hayes & Yeading United
Ashford Town (Middx)
FC Romania


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Hayes & Yeading United 38 93
2. Bracknell Town 38 77
3. Cheshunt 38 76
4. Marlow 38 73
5. Westfield 38 70
6. Tooting & Mitcham United 38 65
7. Ware 38 63

Team sponsors


Club sponsors