Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Ware FC app


1st Team - Match centre

D Cowley (20'), H Haag (87')
Full time
I Oyebola (31', 46')
Sat 1 Sep 15:00 - The Bostik Football League - South Central Division Attendance 70

Ware 2 Molesey 2


Late goal goes someway to spare Ware's blushes but Molesey may think themselves unlucky not to have won.

The result was as disappointing as the performance as Ware struggled to put together a passing game against a side that had yet to gain a league point. Molesey on the other hand looked determined to wipe out that zero in their record and deserved to do so in a game that generally provided poor entertainment for the home supporters.

With new manager Paul Halsey unavailable for this game Jon Stevenson was in charge with former Ware players Michael Bardle and John Frendo in support. He will have a lot to tell his manager in the coming week as Ware prepare for an important FA Cup game next Saturday.

Also missing were Gareth Madden and Charlie Yexley, the latter likely to be out for at least two weeks with a hamstring, whilst Jordon Watson continues to be unavailable. Jack Daveney took Yexley's place at full back and did well but the absence of Madden as a strong ball winner in midfield may well have been a key problem for Ware.

As it was it looked for a while as though Ware might take a slender lead into the half time break but two goals in the final 15 minutes of the half, the last in added time, gave the score a more realistic look.

Ware had struggled to impose themselves on a Molesey side who had given notice of their ambition as early as the first minute when they forced a corner. Two minutes later a defender's back header as Molesey pressed again put Harry Ricketts in trouble and he did well to clear though this time Ware hit back immediately and Callum Taylor shot low but into Sam Johnson-Freeman's grasp.

Ware continued to struggle until the twentieth minute when they won a free kick just inside their own half. With Joshua Adusei lucky to escape a yellow card for kicking the ball away perhaps Molesey's attention was taken away from play. At least Ware were awake and the kick lofted forward. There was Leigh Rose who seems always to be relied on to win headers under pressure nodding the ball down to Dave Cowley. The number eight turned Johnson-Freeman and scored comfortably from wide of the goal.

This might have been the cue for Ware to take control and certainly for a while the visitors' heads seemed to drop as they contemplated the possibility of another difficult match. Yet they pulled themselves together and within a little more than ten minutes were level. A Molesey free kick came in and Ricketts flapped at it ineffectually when it seemed he might have caught it. The clearance fell to Ibitayo Oyebola who was quickest to react and headed the ball down and in.

Now Molesey were back looking like the team that wanted to take control and on several occasions only an offside flag stood between them and a second goal. They got it in added time as they responded to a Ware attack with one of their own. Ricketts punched a shot back to the edge of his area but Oyebola followed up with his and his team's second goal as the ball seemed to take an age to find the net.

The second half started with Louis Bowen, injured in the first, substituted in favour of Ben Hart. Dominique Njoya moved into central defence and Alaa Oujdi, unable to have anything like the influence on the game he had the week before, dropped to left back.

Hart could now bring more width and guile to Ware's attacks down the right and whilst at times he was still left looking for the right amount of service from his colleagues, the home side did seem to be creating more problems for the Molesey defence.

Not that this meant the visitors weren't still dangerous going forward and on more than one occasion Ware were grateful to Ricketts as he came out to smother or deflect the ball in one on one situations. Albert Adu was also being forced to occupy much of his time pulling a few defensive irons out of the fire.

Just past the hour mark Harley Haag replaced Cowley seemingly to the latter's disappointment and the surprise of those in the crowd. But it was Hart who was beginning to have an influence and justifying his promotion from the bench and when he crossed on 70 minutes Taylor was inches away from an equaliser as he headed high under pressure.

Ware's equaliser came on 87 minutes after good work between Daveney and Hart. The latter's cross found Haag with enough time to turn and shoot low to Johnson-Freeman's right and in off a post.

There was still time and opportunity for either side to claim a winner with a Ware corner being headed just wide in added time. Had it gone in a victory would not have masked Ware's need to improve as tougher games are in the offing, not least the visit of Lowestoft in the FA Cup.

Ware: Harry Ricketts, Jack Daveney, Dominique Njoya, Kardan Campbell (Lauric Diakiesse 78mins), Bradley Fraser, Louis Bowen (Ben Hart 45mins), Leigh Rose, Dave Cowley (Harley Haag 63mins), Callum Taylor, Albert Adu, Alaa Oujdi. Unused subs: Vlantislav Gkontsarov, Billy Baird.

Own the grind together in adidas Teamwear

Key moments

Goal Dave Cowley scores for Ware
Goal Ibitayo Oyebola scores for Molesey
45:00 +1:00
Goal Ibitayo Oyebola scores for Molesey
Goal Harley Haag scores for Ware

Videos and photos

Ware FC v Molesey FC
Ware FC v Molesey FC


View 0 new events
90:00 Yellow Card
Alaa Oujdi is yellow carded for Ware
87:00 Goal 2 - 2
Harley Haag scores for Ware
86:00 Sub Off
Ibitayo Oyebola is substituted off for Molesey
86:00 Sub On
Jamie Howard is substituted on for Molesey
84:00 Sub Off
Joshua Adusei is substituted off for Molesey
84:00 Sub On
Athan Smith-Joseph is substituted on for Molesey
78:00 Sub Off
Kardan Campbell is substituted off for Ware
78:00 Sub On
Lauric Diakiesse is substituted on for Ware
76:00 Yellow Card
Leigh Rose is yellow carded for Ware
63:00 Sub Off
Dave Cowley is substituted off for Ware
63:00 Sub On
Harley Haag is substituted on for Ware
57:00 Sub On
Adrian Spence is substituted on for Molesey
57:00 Sub Off
Manny Quarshie is substituted off for Molesey
45:00 Sub On
Ben Hart is substituted on for Ware
45:00 Sub Off
Louis Bowen is substituted off for Ware
End of period 1
45:00 +1:00 Goal 1 - 2
Ibitayo Oyebola scores for Molesey
31:00 Goal 1 - 1
Ibitayo Oyebola scores for Molesey
20:00 Goal 1 - 0
Dave Cowley scores for Ware
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Ware
  • Molesey
  • 0
  • Dave Cowley Goal 20:00'
  • Ibitayo Oyebola Goal 31:00'
  • Ibitayo Oyebola Goal 45:00 +1:00'
  • Louis Bowen Sub Off 45:00'
  • Ben Hart Sub On 45:00'
  • Adrian Spence Sub On 57:00'
  • Manny Quarshie Sub Off 57:00'
  • Harley Haag Sub On 63:00'
  • Dave Cowley Sub Off 63:00'
  • Leigh Rose Yellow Card 76:00'
  • Lauric Diakiesse Sub On 78:00'
  • Kardan Campbell Sub Off 78:00'
  • Athan Smith-Joseph Sub On 84:00'
  • Joshua Adusei Sub Off 84:00'
  • Jamie Howard Sub On 86:00'
  • Ibitayo Oyebola Sub Off 86:00'
  • Harley Haag Goal 87:00'
  • Alaa Oujdi Yellow Card 90:00'

Team selection

  • 1. Sam Johnson-Freeman
  • 2. Samuel Labinjo
  • 3. Elton Gjoni
  • 4. Ayo Majekodunmi
  • 5. Matt David
  • 6. Christopher Wales
  • 7. Ryan Marklew
  • 8. Dylan Cascoe
  • 9. Ibitayo Oyebola
  • 10. Joshua Adusei
  • 11. Manny Quarshie
  • 12. Adrian Spence
  • 14. Athan Smith-Joseph
  • 15. Ezra Nelson
  • 16. Jamie Howard
  • 17. Sacha M'Baye

League round up

Other South Central Division results

Ashford Town (Middx)
Chalfont St Peter
FC Romania
Hayes & Yeading United
Tooting & Mitcham United
Bracknell Town


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Hayes & Yeading United 38 93
2. Bracknell Town 38 77
3. Cheshunt 38 76
4. Marlow 38 73
5. Westfield 38 70
6. Tooting & Mitcham United 38 65
7. Ware 38 63

Team sponsors


Club sponsors