Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Ware FC app


1st Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
St Albans City
Sat 2 Aug 15:00 - Cup Full time Attendance 72

Mistakes put paid to Ware's chances.

Ware go down 1-4 to a very good St Albans City FC side.

Friendly Match Saturday 2nd August 2014
1. Rhys Madden. 2. Khale DaCosta. 3. George Florence. 4. Michael Deane (Alaa Oujdi 61). 5. Gareth Madden ©. 6. Lee White. 7. Ryan Hervel. 8. Albert Adu. 9. Kieran Bishop (Finbarr Robins 78). 10. Murat Karagul. 11. Marcus Milner (Samir Hadi 65).
Substitutes. 12. Finbarr Robins. 14. Samir Hadi. 15. Charlie Ledula. 16. Kazim Bishop. 17. Alaa Oujdi.

1. Tom Coulton. 2. John Kyriacou. 3. Lee Chappell. 4. Sam Corcoran. 5. Tom Ward. 6. Darren Locke. 7. Steve Wales. 8. James Comley ©. 9. Elliot Buchanan. 10. Loick Pires. 11. Lee Clarke.
12. Matt Taylor. 14. David Keenleyside. 15. Elliot Bailey. 16. Danny Green. 17. Howard Hall.

Ware finished their pre-season games with spirited display against a very good St Albans City side who have recently been promoted to the Conference South. Ware started well with Ryan Hervel, Marcus Milner and Murat Karagul all prominent with the latter putting in a cross into the box and the ball being cleared, soon after Loick Pires broke away but his shot was way over the bar. Ware came back through Michael Deane, Albert Adu who put Kieran Bishop through in a one on one with the keeper but he was judged offside, another opportunity fell to Ware when Michael Deane played in Khale DaCosta down the wing he ran onto the ball and sent a cross into Murat Karagul who made contact and tried to side foot the ball home but the ball was gathered by the keeper. Good play by Lee Clarke, Steve Wales and John Kyriacou saw Elliot Buchanan fire over the bar, shortly after the same quartet counter attacked and a tackle by Lee White broke their attack up and he cleared down field, Ware had other chances with Kieran Bishop rounding the goal keeper and seeing his shot blocked for a corner, the corner was taken by Ryan Hervel, Lee White met the ball but headed wide. St Albans were always a danger and had a lot of possession with all of their team playing well and in the 25th minute St Albans took the lead when goal keeper Rhys Madden attempted to punch a ball clear, he got his hand to the ball but it fell to Steve Wales who tapped home the ball to give St Albans a 1-0 lead. Ware should have been level soon after when Lee White passed to Michael Deane whose deft flick into the path of Murat Karagul sent him away and his shot from outside the box hit the side netting. In the 28th Minute St Albans increased their lead with a superb shot from outside the box from Loick Pires gave Rhys Madden no chance in the Ware goal and went 2-0 up.
In the 38th minute St Albans made it 3-0 when Michael Deane lost possession on the wing and the ball was crossed into the box for Elliot Buchanan to fire home and virtually put the tie out of reach for Ware.

Ware v St Albans City 02.08.14
25 photos

Half-Time Ware 0-3 St Albans City FC.

Ware came out or the second half determined to put on a good show and early on a Ryan Hervel corner was met by Lee White and the keeper saved in a crowded penalty area, St Albans then countered with John Kyriacou passing to Loick Pires who put in Steve Wales who shot over the bar. Then a controversial decision by the referee followed when goal keeper Tom Coulton handled yards outside the penalty area when coming out of goal to clear a through ball but Kieran Bishop got to the ball first and shot for goal only for the keeper to handle outside the box and stop the shot. St Albans then had a goal disallowd for offside when a free kick by Sam Cocoran was cleared by Albert Adu and was picked up by Loick Pires who crossed for Lee Clarke to head home and the score remained 3-0 to St Albans.
Khale DaCosta had a chance on goal when his shot was well saved by the keeper, another chance fell to Alaa Oudji who shot wide, Ware reduced the deficit in the 81st minute when Alaa Oujdi passed to Albert Adu whose shot was deflected into the path of Alaa Oudji who shot into the box and Khale DaCosta hit home via a deflection to reduce the score to 3-1.
Two minutes from time in the 88th minute a free kick by Sam Corcoran was fired home by Loick Pires to extend St Albans lead and final score to 4-1.

But for some mistakes Ware would have done much better if they had taken their chances but were beaten by a well drilled St Albans City side that ultimately were well worth their win. Something for ware to work on for the first League game this Saturday away to Wroxham.

Full-Time score: Ware 1-4 St Albans City FC

Khale DaCosta (81 minutes)

St Albans City:
Steve Wales (26 minutes)
Loick Pires (30, 88 minutes)
Elliot Buchanan (39 minutes)

Attendance: 72

Highlights can be found on St Albans City FC YouTube page by clicking this link

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Videos and photos

Ware v St Albans City 02.08.14
25 photos

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors