Ware 2 Stevenage 4 aet
Ware's under-18s push the league side's youth team all the way. Late, late goals take Boro' through to next round.
Those who played in Ware's last venture into the first round proper will recognise the feelings that the current generation of players will have after this narrow defeat. Back in 2004 they went to extra time at 2-2 before conceding two goals against Woking. This time it was the under-18s of League side Stevenage who won out in identical circumstances. A great game by all accounts to thrill a good crowd.
Well done to Stevenage and good luck in the next round.
And now the match in tweets from Warefcscores@warefcscores.
1. Stevenage take an early lead after Matt Nolan made a smart stop the follow up was forced home. (0-1 on 8 minutes.)
2. For the record the Stevenage scorer was Zak Guerfi after 7 mins.
3. Josh Stevens close to levelling, heading narrowly over the bar from Paolo Montella.
4. Strong challenge by Finley Long in midfield sets him up for a chance at a long distance lob which drifts wide of the far post.
5. GOAL. Charlie Ruff levels the tie slotting home from 15 yards. (1-1 on 43 minutes.)
6. Half time. The visitors started brightly and took a deserved early lead but Ware have grown into the match and deserve to be level at the interval. This entertaining game could go either way second half.
7. Josh Stevens has the first true chance of the [second] half beating keeper Dimitrios Kyriatzis to the ball but under pressure directing the shot wide.
8. Again Kyriatzis is beaten to the ball this time by Oliver Finch who hits the side netting from an impossibly tight angle.
9. GOAL Stevenage have the lead with a cross from the left turned home from close range. (1-2 on 72 minutes.)
10. WHAT A SCREAMER! Charles Kutin bends an unstoppable shot just past the reach of Kyriatzis from 20+ yards. (2-2 on 78 minutes.)
11. Tonight's attendance a very impressive 303. Thank you to everyone who has foregone the Europa League to turn out this evening.
12. Half time in extra time. We remain at two a piece as both sides cancelled each other out in the first period.
13. Charles Kutin has the first chance of the second period but fires over the bar.
14. Ware should score but somehow the ball can't be forced over the line. Keeper missed it from a corner but scramble ricochets into his arms.
15. Wonderful back peddling save from Matt Nolan as he gets up to tip over Charley O'Keefe's header.
16. GOAL Claudio Ofuso gives the visitors the lead with a near post header. 2-3
17. GOAL Ofuso settles it. Ware threw everyone forward leaving only Nolan covering and when Ofuso beat him goal was open to roll home. 2-4.
18. FT Ware 2 Stevenage 4 a great performance that was only slightly short but Stevenage progress. Best of luck to Boro next round.
And from StevenageFC Official @StevenageFC
19. Full time: Ware 2, Stevenage 4 (AET). Boro advance to Round 2 but were given one hell of a game by their hosts. Credit to both teams.
Ware: Matt Nolan, Cameron Currie, Romelle Alomenu, Finley Long, Charlie Shaves, Connor Tyrell, Charles Kutin, Oliver Finch, Josh Stevens, Charlie Ruff, Paolo Montella. Subs: Joe Russell, Ellis Christodoulou, Kit Brown, Nick Briggs, Fred Burrell.