Following this weekend's AGM the Isthmian League announced that Vanarama would be the league's Official Van and Car Hire Partner. In a release on its website the league said -
"This is a partnership which has the potential to earn money for our clubs and save money for our supporters - as well as providing our clubs with a brand spanking new Pitchero website should they so desire!
If a supporter hires a vehicle through the Vanarama Club Affiliate Scheme, then the club will receive one hundred pounds- and the supporter benefits too, with thirty quid heading in their direction. Vanarama will also provide our clubs with a Pitchero Elite Club Website free of charge, that website holding an advert which will direct people to the Affiliate Scheme.
Isthmian League Chairman Nick Robinson, speaking at our AGM yesterday, stated:
“The Isthmian League is delighted to appoint Vanarama as its first vehicle leasing partner. It is a step forward for all our Clubs to be associated with a brand which has shown its commitment to our level of the Game and we look forward to working with them to develop our brand of football.”
Here's the small print:
• Vanarama will pay clubs a fee if a club supporter/fan leases a van or car.
• The fee to the club is £100 + £30 to the person purchasing the lease.
• To do this clubs must participate in the Vanarama Club Affiliate Scheme and promote the scheme to supporters.
• To help clubs do this, Vanarama will pay for ALL clubs within the league to have a free Pitchero Elite Club Website.
• In return, Vanarama will place a small amount of advertising on the club websites to promote the affiliate scheme.
• Pitchero will manage the advertising on behalf of Vanarama.
• The offer is OPTIONAL to clubs. They can choose to take part or ignore the scheme.
• This means:
o Clubs receive a FREE club website - saving money.
o All match fixtures, results and league tables will be updated by Pitchero - saving time.
o Clubs can participate in the Vanarama Affiliate Scheme - earn extra cash.
So there you go. Happy motoring!"
The club has made no decision as yet about participation but as we already use Pitchero for our website it is clearly tempting to sign up to the affiliate scheme and claim the annual fees for the website. Watch this space.
Updated 21:30 - 20 Jun 2019 by Stephen King